Wednesday 11 January 2012

The real cost of horses

Ok guys, well this blog i was meaning to do yesterday, but um...i was busy all day, and with that trying to stop myself passing out, i felt so ill and lighthead and urgh....I got home from the stables about about 6 and literally passed out completely...i've just woke up all covered in a blanket on the sofa haha...  First of all all...I'VE LOST 8 POUNDS THIS PAST WEEK! so i know thats not really a big deal but for me that is super amazing, i got up, weighed myself and cried with happiness. I'm still feeling a little crappy but hey i dont care the scales have made me happy :) I think today im generally gonna have as my special slob day...im so tired right now its unreal. I mean, ill have to go down the stables today, horses do not take care of themselves and Emma has a uni interview YAYAYAY but then i think im actually gonna come home and be a total slob face.
Well i actually have two blogs to write that i was going to do yesterday. im gonna do the horsey based one first because this is generally just an update one and not one i am going to get tearful over like i will the other that will be coming from the heart.
So yesterday I decided that i was going to do a little trip up to ingatestone again, so i a could get the horses a few bits. Emma had work so she couldnt come, but gave me a list of things she needed...i have nothing better to do so im just gonna write about the expense of horses. Emma is one of the the most dedicated horse owners i know, she really is, and as i am loaning Eddie off her i get to see exactly how much it can cost.  I know that i have gone to ingatestone before with her and she has spent hundreds, just on sorting her horses (she has two) our with boots and the rugs they need for winter....I mean, Eddie is still growing Emma does one HELL of alot, so i practically forced her to let me pay for a heavyweight turnout and waffle rug, that was in what october time? maybe even november...and he's already outgrowing them. I'm happy i got a loan before jumping straight in with buying and having to do it all myself, i never knew how many rugs they needed and how many overreach boots they would get though, its actually stupid, most of all caz. Emma was like 'could you get me a pair of overreachers for Caz please?..i could swear we bought her two pairs only a couple of weeks ago lol..i think just before the new year...and Eddie can be as bad sometimes!  As for the amount of food that they get though its just insane, Cariad is such a fusspot and will only use the garlic stable lick, so yesterday i asked Emma if i bought her one of them could Eddie have Caz's other paddock lick that she won't really touch...which of course was ok. Bless Caz, the second i put it in her stable she was so happy she whinnied,  i don't think anyone can understand the endless amounts of love i have for that pony too! 
Oh but horses cost insane amounts of money, its out of this world...so please think before you get one..i am so lucky to have Emma there every step of the way. Loaning a horse...is like owning a horse BUT the difference is, you are not going at it alone, you dont have to worry about bills, you dont have to spend all your time at the yard, you can learn, without worrying about your own horse. I mean, Emma has always told me i'm alloud down the yard whenever i like to spend time with Eddie and for that i am eternally grateful..not many loan agreements work out like that... 
I'm not the best one to give info but if you get in touch with somewhere like Redwings they will be more than happy to help, it makes me sad seeing horses in homes where even if they are loved more than anything, they are not cared for how the should be because of money..im lucky becuase Emma's horses are immaculate, but there are thousands out there that are not.
PS: In this blog i would also like to say i got the Pippa Funnel autobiography finally :) im so happy, she is my horse idol and i have been DYING for that book since forever.  :) x

No comments: