Wednesday 4 January 2012

Fern Greenwell

Hey guys, so i know i write about music ALOT and that at least every month im bigging up some singer songwriter i found randomly on you tube but this is someone who i feel it's really important to write about. I did want to do it ages ago but she's only just recently and finally got a you tube account for all of her wonderful work. Because i was in a performance company for three years, and because i have done so many young american workshops and various other shows and concerts...i have met many singer songwriters, and ok maybe its becuase ive never really heard any of their own work but oh my gosh, this girl is the most, incredible singer songwriter i have ever met in my entire life time, i literally am obsessed with her music and would buy her album if she made one ever. She has such a beautiful and pure fresh sound, she is like online with some of my favourite singers like Emily Maguire, and Laura Marling, Lissie, Ali Moss, and trust me, i danced to Ali Moss for my end of year dance exam lyrical style this really is my favourite kind of music.it's normally so hard for me to pick a favourite.
Basically i wanted to talk about the person in question first. Now Fern is so incredible in many ways, we are very much alike in the form of she seems to have an accident daily, I mean i thought i was the only one who could be walking around on broken toe on both feet (thanks horses), and then because of cooking soup falling over the door frame (no i dont know how i managed it either) skidding into to worktop headfirst and then setting fire to myself, all within five minutes, and i literally came in and saw a link for her you tube account on my friends page and was sitting laughing because she really is one of the only other people i know who would manage something that epic.But funny stuff aside she's got an incredible heart and is a very strong and inspirational woman for me. I first met her in i think like 2009 though a friend, and i found that i could actually talk to her and it was ok..despite the fact i had never actually met her at this point.  Well i then i actually got to meet her in 2010, and i had been going on and on that i wanted her to sing for me and she actually at end of workshop did just that. She has this song called roots and ooh my god i am obsessed with it literally obsessed...it's incredible but yeah...she actually has never music on her channel now which is perfect :)
Please everyone check her out and pass on the link for me because this girl REALLY does deserve your time and space and effort, she really is just incredible, i consider myself honoured i got to meet her.
This is her you tube page 
http://www.youtube.com/user/ferngreenwell?feature=g-all-lik
and twitter so no excuses get following!! :P 
https://twitter.com/#!/f_gullygreen
Thank you :)