Friday 2 September 2011

The lion king

'They live in you, 
They live in me
There watching over
Everything we see
In every creature 
In every star
In your reflection
They live in you'

Lion king thank you, thank you for giving me strength when i feel i'm loosing control, thank you for helping me to write this out in a blog instead of take it out on myself, even though i'm scared because I've never let go this much before. Thank you for changing my life....
Recently i have been feeling like total shit the entire time, and the smallest of things affect me and make me hurt more than what they technically should, and well...today i was sitting on my sofa listening to the usual adele, mumford, rascal flatts etc.... crying, crying so hard, thinking about certain people in my life that i miss...and that have passed away..when the song 'they live in you' from the lion king came on..instantly i felt like this was a connection to my heart...i looked up to the sky and said...I miss you grandad, and for the first time in my life i was able to honestly and generally feel that he was looking down upon me, saying i miss you too. 
I think that the lion king is a wonderful musical and to be looked at for a very different view to the normal 'it's a child's cartoon movie', yes it is, but it has much more depth that that, if you sit there and really listen to the lyrics, and i mean really listen, you will hear the message the entire way though drilled into you, YOU ARE NEVER ALONE..There is always someone there even when they are not their in body, you can generally know that you can look up to the sky and smile and take courage from the people, animals...whatever ANYTHING that has passed away that you once loved...It's helped me recently to understand death, I've had two serious accidents in the past few years, both of which included head injuries and one also neck and back, i am SO lucky to have come out of that alive, spesh coming out of it with the first time..a small bleed and second time whiplash and serious bruising...I could have died, technically the odds of people who have the same accidents say i should have died but yet i'm still here, and I kept thinking why that way and realised it was because of the circle of life...we are born, we live, we die, and there is nothing we can do to alter it, when it is time to be born and die they will happen it's a part of the circle of life...and what the lion king also teaches us, is to make the most of our lives...because we do have some say of the bit in the middle we can choose to LIVE, or we can choose to exist, there is a huge difference... Lion king, you made me realise today i need to stop trying to take my life for granted all the time, and i know that this is not going to change over night but maybe one little step at a time....because i am meant to be here, there must be some purpose and the circle of life will see to it all ok for me...I know it was my granddad's time to go, because his time on (this) earth was up, but, i know now there was nothing i could have done to have changed that..me being with him when he passed away would not have altered that situation, the angles in heaven needed him more than i did, and i believe that now i really do..
Lion king you really have taught me alot and i dont care how cheesy this blog sounds, i hope from reading this someone will now watch the lion king or go see the show and see the real story behind the 'child's Disney cartoon'

'Through despair and hope
Though faith and love
Till we find our way
On the path unwinding
In the circle
The circle of life'