Thursday 8 September 2011

Lessons Learned

'The past can hurt we can either run from it or learn from it.'

I love the lion king, and i know I wrote a blog about it a few days ago but I'm gonna do another one again because i just got a tattoo inspired by the lion king! 
It's a beautiful little simba cub with the quote underneath that i have written at the top of this blog. I wanted to write down the reason for this tattoo, simply because when i was having that tattoo done i nearly cried...not  the pain (Suprisingly there was very little it just hurt after..actually quite alot..)  but because of the REASON behind it... First of all i learnt alot from the lyrics and lesson that Lion king teaches...I am one of those people who can sit there and see the beauty unseen, it does not have to be clearly written upon the screen in front of me, that is one thing..i do like about myself. it's help to teach me alot of things that some people don't learn until they are in their late twenties/early thirties. Anyway this quote, I saw the tattoo online, because i was looking for some ideas to draw up together as a tattoo and actually saw this and fell in love with it, so decided not to change is and get this done as it was instead.  Thats something I've never done before I normally have something totally new and idividual so this for me was a huge change..  I did want the circle of life lyrics, but couldnt decide what part of them was the most important for me, I would have had to have the whole song...Then i thought of he lives in you, and equally they live in you, i thought of we are are one, i thought of the grasslands chant, i thought of shadowland i thought of every single lion king song and could not decide, and there was no way on this earth i would be able to have entire lion king lyrics plastered up my leg...(although giving half the chance, and the room and money i would.!) So instead i took this quote, which is from the lion king but also very apt to my life currently... Since maybe 2005 my life has been an up and down mess full of alot of crap and bullshit..i went though really bad depression, i self harmed, tried to commit sucide more than once, and alot of other fucked up things...BUT I decided to turn my life around and yeah i do still struggle one hell of alot and i do still have really bad days and days where i literally cry non stop, but i'm getting there because I want to get better and thanks to my friends (the true ones nonetheless, that was a hard and painful thing fiding out, although worth it..) and my wonderful girlies who i am close like sisters too, i am starting to see the light now and bring myself out of this mess i got into...(ok, i can't believe I've actually written that for people to see, but then i don't care now...i want to prove to people that things can get REALLY messed up and you CAN get out of it...you can...no matter what...thats what i now tell myself everyday.. ) So saying the past may hurt, is one hella true for me! More than actually my blog would let on, more than anyone except for one person in my life knows...but it is also very very true that you CAN learn from it...I realised the other day that all i was doing was running and hiding from things that i was afraid of..instead of looking at the past and thinking ok, that was messed up, and you know what?  Half of that was not even my fault...well instead that I'm learning to talk about it now...and learn from what happened...and i really am much happier generally because of it... :)  Oh god i just realised how long this blog is going to be....opps! 

Second reason to this tattoo, which i think is the reason i almost cried the most, and I've wrote about this group of people before, and if you look though my old stuff on here i think there are about three i wrote, and then of course theres the you tube video..! (see already, these guys influanced me one hell of alot)..THE YOUNG AMERICANS, and by this i mean majorly the 2006 cast, well, this was where i learnt what Lion king was, and i mean i learnt to look beyond the movie cartoon that i always saw before...Now this cast...they did something incredible, they performed circle of life and he lives in you to a group of 200 kids and i think about maybe 15 adults whatever i dont give a crap it's insignificant...a group of people the had only met the day before, after all loosing one of the best friends two days previous...for those who do not understand why this is so incredible for me...I want you to imagine standing in front of a crowd performing for a start...becuase i'm used to it and i still crap myself, everyone does....then i want you to imagine loosing one of the most important people in your life...ok...? Now put them together and how
do you feel? I've been there and let me tell you it hurts...like hell...I know that i kept breaking down i kept crying, and it was only the rehersals...I dont think...i could have performed in front of people...i really don't..it takes some incredible strength..life for real...They then sat, and explained how the words meant so much to them, and what with seeing their performance my who new view was there... I remember heather...i remember her so much oh my gosh, how she was sitting next to me in the circle for learning the song and she was being so supportive of me, despite the fact she was hurting more and i knew it...i just didnt know what to do apart from give hugs out....which half the time i was too scared to do anyway.. So yeah...that formed the basis of why lion king means so much to me, I mean, i guess i would have figured it out in the end and it would have ended up meaning this much..but...I've spent my childhoon, or at least most of my teenage years anyway...being able to see what lion king was really about and i am blessed for that...Everytime i do a workshop i get emotional about Lion king, everytime, it's amazing....when you watch their faces...every single year...every single YA when they perform that.....just WOW.... Then in 2009 i met this girl called Emma and i done the 'stick dance' with her...and we sat and we were talking about the meaning behind the dance...(it was to shadowlands)  and it helped me to much..it helped me to learn that everything in life is a journey, and i really that is something that has got me though the hardest times i remember Emma, i remember that. I remember that life is a journey and is gonna keep going. nothing lasts forever...ok so that can be a bad thing..but it also means that the bad things wont be there forever....Emma, thank you for that.. and then of course i then got to do the dance the year after with Judy..URHHH but really young americans +lion king= undiscribable..it really does... 

So yeah....hahahah I have just rolled up and seen how long this thing actually is!! holy cow! I want for people to read this, and i want you to take away from it the message of the tattoo i got today...and i'm also kinda hoping like my other lion king post it will help you to see the lion king in the way that i see it, and all the beautiful YA and students they taught now see it.... 

Thank you for reading (and i mean REALLLLLYYYY thank you cuz this is freakin huge!) 

PS: picture is of the finished artwork :)  SOOOOOO much love for this :)