Tuesday 27 December 2011

heartprints

Whereever it is that we go in life, one thing is for certain and that is that we will leave handprints on anything that we touch. Even if its only for a split second (like a doorknob) or something that requires you to hold on a little longer (like a book) whatever it is, it's insignificant, the important part is that fingerprint...thats a part of you, no one shares that with you...you leave a little of yourself....a little of your  idenity whereever you go. 
But something even more important for me than handprints are heartprints, the emotional type of print. The strongest and most beautiful of all. The many words that can describe this kind of print... compassion, love, concern, understanding, peace, kindness, repect, LIFE. The list could be endless. I does not even have to be a friend or someone you know. It could be a stranger on the street, a homeless man sitting on a bench freezing cold, the lonley, the scared, the vunerable. I know for example a girl called Gwen and she does not know me at all really, i just know her though a friend, but all those words in italics above she has given to me, and for that i am enternally grateful, in years to come it will be the gifts to the heart like this, than the pshyical gifts you can open that will change my life the most
I want you to take this blog to heart, take deep inside you and think about what i am trying to say here..I'm not asking you for money, or even to give money to someone else..I'm not asking you to do something that consumes your entire life, i'm asking that you just give a minute of time to others..touch a few heart.  Say this to yourself over and over again until you believe it,
I wanna do something that matters
Say something different
Something that sets the whole world on it's ears
I wanna do something better with the time i've been given
And i wanna try, to touch a few hearts in this life 
And leave nothing less, than something that says
I WAS HERE
Tomorrow my aim will be to go out and touch as many lives and hearts as i possibly can.  I want to be able to know within my heart that i've done a good job and touched enough lives to make a huge impact to this earth.
The things we do in life will be insignificant but its very important that we do them... 
GO REACH OUT TODAY!