Tuesday 6 September 2011

Learning to love yourself



I wanted to write a blog about a website that has impacted my life incredibly over the past few days, most of all last night, and this website is called www.operationbeautiful.com . It was set up by a wonderful and epicly inspirational woman called Caitlin a few years back ( you can see her entire story on that link above...) I first about this website though a friend of mine a couple of years ago, when i saw the name of the link, i will be honest, i thought it was something for maybe getting free plastic surgey, and that, is the onlt reason i clicked on it in the first place.. If i had known the objection of the site, i would never have bothered..simple as that...
However, when I clicked onto that link, the page was filled with something totally different to what i thought it would be, it was filled full of stories of courage and hope, woman who had come back from the brink themselves thanks to either finding and operation beautiful note somewhere or atleast writing one and in doing so helping themselves. I sat there reading this page for what must have been hours i thought the whole idea was actually amazing and really did cry my eyes out when i read some of the things other woman had been though. So much STRENGTH.
So i actually never took any of that website on board then, i literally hid away from the idea when it come to myself, what i did do however was go on alot of operation beautiful missions spreading the story everywhere i went...until last night.... 
Operation beautiful is freaking awesome and has done so well that it now has a book published, well i bought a copy of that book for a friend of mine who to me, was one of the most beautiful girls i had ever met but who at the same time didn't see herself as beautiful, and because it was cheap i got a copy to read too...well I'd lent that book to my sister and her entire family read it...the loved every single page, and then i of course had read though it doing the same...but then last night i couldn't sleep, so i got this book out again and read it, and i mean really read it, I looked between the lines, and beyond the sentences and words of the pages...I began to cry and realised that all this time i had been obsessing over my image to a point where i was killing myself, literally beating myself to death, over something that unless i'm rolling in it, I'm not gonna be able to change..so i might as well suck it up and get on with it...so from now on I've decided...that ok a may not be able to accept myself, i don't think thats ever gonna happen, but I'm not gonna let it get in the way of going out there and changing the world like i want to do anymore...
Operation beautiful is such a wonderful and amazing website and i strongly urge all my readers to read it... 
xxx