Wednesday 14 September 2011

Breast cancer awarness

I am so sorry for the lack of blogs over the pasy couple of days i have had so much going on and i literally have not had time to sit down and just... 
So first off the main thing i wanted to write about. This sunday we held a charity fundraiser event at the stables i ride at (eastminster) for breast cancer and leukemia, It was a really hard day for me, because of course it was September 11th and i always get super emotion over anything to do that!!! I'd spent the whole day crying and writing music to express my feelings, but then i had to leave to go help set up a stall that i was going to be working on, haha. I was actually ok when i was there, all i wanted to do was raise money for the cancer charity's..that was really important, I know alot of people who hae lost their lives to cancer and everyone in my family (girls of course) have had cancer..soooo....it's a big thing. 
The actual event started at 3pm but as i was there so early i got to have a look around the other stalls before everything started getting busy! So it just so happened that in the stall next to the one i was working at, a guy was selling load and loads of books, and anyone who knows me, knows that i have an inner geekness for reading, spesh over the past few weeks, so i got over there and managed to get some pretty awesome books, some that were actually new and recently published for 50p, yay :)  I also spent sooo much money on the stalls i was working on whenever we didnt have anyone to serve (oh well at least the money went to charity!) i managed to win a riding DVD, a few bags of horse treats (no doubt will all go on Cadet, Spirit and Jay) and a new mane come which was perfect as mine recently broke! Ohhhh and also a really cute soft toy which at my age, should not excite me but it did hahah! 
Theres tradition at my yard every year that we do a fundraising event for charity and whilst that is is always held in the jumping paddock... (which looks much smaller when your  not on horseback let me tell you!), and a big part of that tradition is also a musical ride which is ridden by the yard owner and some of the senior members of the school (normally the best riders in that term!) I really like watching this, and the past two years i didnt get to see it, so it was a treat to get to see it this year. Most of the ride, well pretty much all of them anyway, were made up of my instructors or previous instructors, it was good to see them riding for a change and as it was too music it made it even more perfect, it's amazing what a horse and rider can do when they work together! It was a shame about the wind though as it meant the music could not be heard very well but apart from that they were amazing... 
I'm so proud of everyone who helped that day, i know that within three hours we had raised over £1000 so once the rest gets tallied up god knows how much we would have made, hopefully alot more, WELL DONE AND THANK YOU TO EVERYONE!
I've also been spending alot of my time writing music, yesterday i think i spent the entire day with my beautiful guitar writing, I've actually recorded a couple of songs now and am debating letting a few of my friends hear them :)  I really do love music, I love how it is the same in every country and how it brings countries together, i know that when i am in Germany next month, music brings it together, even if nothing else is understood :) 
So much love xxxx