Sunday 2 October 2011

Eddie :) xxxxx

So today was awesome i finally got to meet my new horsie and spend some time getting to know him which was perfect for me :)  Ok so they day did not start off well, i woke up late and must have rush so hard to get ready panicking that i was going to be late for the time i gave my wonderful Emma to meet, then when we got on the car we couldnt get the sat nav to work and all i could think was can this day actually get any worse than what it is now? So eventually we got that sorted and were on our way...over an hour later and we are still driving, the stupid bloody sat nav got us totally lost, i managed to get us back on the right by using a simple road map, sometimes technology is not always the best thing...although it did take a quick call with emma to actually get the exact turn off which was hidden from the main road!
I actually was so excited because it's been my dream for so long and now finally it was going to be coming true and that was just to amazing for me to begin to understand, let me tell you now that Edward is the most beautiful horse you could ever find literally. He is simply amazing, i remember when he was at my other yard and now well he is just a different a horse! one to one tlc certainly has helped bring him on alot. Although i think thats just the fact that Emma is such an amazing rider i couldnt believe him, he was just perfect. 
So while she went off to groom her other horse Caz she left me with Eddie to bond over some grooming time together...and well...he is just the cutest thing! In a way i wish he wasn't nearly 17hh i wish he were like one of those tiny little ponies because then he could come live at home with me...he is THAT cute.! I was brushing down his back legs and turned round to find he had picked up a brush out the grooming box and had started grooming himself lol, i actually nearly cried it was cuteness overload...It's amazing how interested he is in everything, he wants to know what you are doing and he's little habit if having to suck on everything is adorable i really thought he was going to bite me at first when he was nibbling on my hand but not once did that horse bite me....
Anywho so when i first rode him, Emma told me that he had very sensitive sides because of how he had been ridden in spurs previously, well because im used to having to use ALOT of leg, i thought she mean that i still had to give him a firm nudge to walk on..I was wrong, because the second i put that leg around that horses girth he went and by 'went' i mean bolted, all i could hear was the wind going past me, i have NEVER gone that fast on a horse before, well i have, but i have asked for it...there were a few moments when i really did think hello floor because i was sure thats where i was heading...but thank god i didnt...
Then after i was over the shock of Eddie's little hyper moment Emma went and tacked Caz up so we could take them out though the woodlands near the barn...wow..he is amazing out there, and actually listens so much better that its crazy haha!
But oh my gosh :) when im back from Germany im gonna be spending my entire life there i guess...i know me and i know i will feel at home there cuddled up with Edward in his stable :) 
Anywho im off to go pack my case more because i actually should do that!  xxxxxx