Saturday 15 October 2011

Young Americans fall cast take two

Ok so second workshop, first of all it was a long drive away and i was feeling slightly nervous because i was going to be going to a town i had never been to before and also staying with people who i had never met. Well, on the journey to Gotha i saw some beutiful sight..like little typical German villages...like the ones you fnd in fairy tales nestled at the bottom of a mountain..actually abit like when my canadain twin and I took a road trip though Austria last summer...:) Then to add to that it was also a beautiful day and the sun was litterally beaming down on thwe endless fields and vast forests of trees....it was beautiful. I love how so much of Germany is back to nature and left to do what it wants to do,there is not youths destroying places just because they want to, just because they can.  About half way top reaching gotha, we pulled over by the longest fence i have ever seen in my entire life, it just seemed to go off into the distance for miles, and actually it turned out it really did, because it was the fence that seperarted east and west Germany, i thought that was pretty cool, I've not seen something like that before anyway


When we reached the actual town i really thought it was beautiful like REALLY beautiful, it didnt seem real as most parts looked like little handcrafted dolls houses...or houses only seen in fairy tales...so that afternoon because we had nothing better to do, we took a walk up a mountain to get a look at Gotha from ariel view, well, little did i know that this also meant climbing up the top of a spiral tower when i got to the top of this mountain, i actually felt sick to my stomach literally...i felt ill at the thought, so i ended up being angry with myself because i wanted to go up but couldnt because there would have been a severve puking incident....!!!

Right so the actual workshop, well when we arrived at the school we were taking workshop in, i literally had to stand there with my mouth open for about 10 mintues, it looked nothing like a school whatsoever, more like somthing out of rupunzel, i don't know why, it just made me think of that...it truly was breathtaking, ive never seen a school like it. When we went into the hall where the workshop was taking place i first thought they were joking because it was this tiny hall and hundreds of kids literally, to say spread it still mean you were touching someone else...however...the workshop was wicked fun.

I know i struggled abit being around so many people in one area at a time that sometimes freaked me abit and i needed to go out and get some fresh air away from crowds. In singing class i did meet though this wonderful young girl called jules and even though she was 5/6 years younger than me, she actually taught me alot that i needed to know about myself that i was too afraid to understand before...I know that i REALLY wanted her to do stick dance, i wanted it so bad that i asked if i could teach her it, just because i knew she would grow so much, but it turned out in the end ben picked her anyway so i was totally ECSTATIC with happiness :) It literally was the best feeling ever.!
So for the show day we moved to the main theatre in gotha because it was bigger and we very clearly needed it! All i kept thinking was holy crap i no doubt am going to have some form of accident here, the floor was ridiculously slippery i was falling all over the place..!

Any who the show, well that was perfect, but at the same time bittersweet because i knew i had to go home the next day and that is somewhere i was trying to avoid going at all costs...it was hard to say goodbye to some people...really hard...there were kids who i'd met who had inspired me, and changed me and made me laugh, smile or cry over the past three days and there were Young Americans that had completely changed my outlook on life and myself...saying goodbye was literally like having the this huge cramp in my heart that would not go away, i had a lump in my throat that seemed to be getting bigger and bigger over time... I have never had SO MANY of the cast saying the loved me and were so happy that they got to meet me..that made me feel very blessed...they truly were a spectacular cast, even the company director Tina was awesome! and as for Nartan, well,,.he has one of the biggest hearts in the universe.

Anywho this whole time since lion king, my little toe on my left foot had been in agony i landed funny on it in lion king and now i was really feeling it, well i have a broken toe, so technically i did end up having an accident at this theatre although not quite as big as i thought at first lol!

Im defiantly going to be taking more workshops in Germany thats for sure x