Friday 28 October 2011

Edward :)

Thinking back to before i had Eddie and i can't believe i was alive, because that horse now has literally become, my life. I want to be with him the entire time right now and he is keeping me strong and going. That horse, well within a  just under a month i am head over heels in love, and everyday i think I cant love him more, but then i see him and my love for him increases...i know i dont love him as much today as i will tomorrow...but i also feel like its not even possible for me to love him more. 
sleepy horsie 
So this week has been amazing, Emma and I have been able to get in loads of beautiful hacks out in the countryside around where Eddie is stabled, and I've also got to spend literally all day everyday with him. He has my heart completely, he's little quirks just make me laugh all the time and he will always know how to cheep me up, i literally can honestly say i do not know how my heart beat  with him not a part of it.  I would die for him, lay down my life in a heartbeat. He is such an amazing horse he truly is.  I am so blessed Emma let me have him :)
So today when i got down the yard i found Eddie in the back of his stable munching hay like always. Emma was just finishing up riding her beautiful little pony Caraid in the dressage arena, so before she came in i gave Eddie is little morning fuss, and, as per normal in typical Eddie style i ended up with a slobbered hand and arm when he decided to lick it after i fed him abit of bread. 
When Emma came back in we went for a short hack out before her driving lesson, oh he was so perfect, i love how that horse knows im in pain with my foot still, and hes always extra good and extra still when i mount up because he knows it hurts me abit to ride so he wants to make it as good for me as possible. When Emma went to have her driving lesson i stayed behind at the yard to clean some tack and give Eddie a little pamper session  that horse...oh my gosh he fell asleep whilst i was grooming him :)  He totally loves the rubber curry come being rubbed in circular motions so i was doing that for about half and hour and to look at his face to see her was asleep, bless his little heart i love him so much its unreal....So i actually got to spend a good hour just giving him cuddles and grooming him and cleaning and preening and pampering and he loved it i think more than what i even did...
new rug from derby house 
By the time Emma had got back we were ready to go out on another ride again, Emma was taking Hayley's horse Summer as she was not well that day and couldnt get down the yard so it was nice to get to hack out with different equine company!!! Eddie was so excited all he wanted to do was prance about, spesh after we done just a small trot! but he was listening and when i told him he had to walk he done it, so he deserved his huge neck rub when he got back in his stable. I was so exhausted i just sat on his back for five minutes hugging him and he just put his head down and ate his hay not bothered at all... 
I love him, i just wanted to write a blog about how special this horse is to me and how grateful i am to Emma for letting me have him...He is my life...I'm so blessed :) 

PS:  I would love to reccomennd the wonderful Derby house for winter turnout rugs this year, here is a pic of Eddie in his brand new one that we managed to get for , £45 although normally £79.99 :)