Monday 21 March 2011

My Guitar and I......


A few days ago, i finally realised that having my nails done, no MATTER how beautiful they looked, and regardless of them being the only thing pretty about me, is nothing compared to being able to hold a beautiful instrument in my arms and play my life away. With everything else i have ever played nails have never posed as a problem, because they simply did not get in the way for me, however, i went four years without playing my guitar...I got to this stage where my heart longed so much to hear it's melodies, that cutting my nails off seemed unimportant.

It was so odd at first and i couldn't do anything, after being used to having these extensions attached to my fingers, i pretty much didn't know what to do. So the first thing i done, was pick up my guitar. It shocked me, that i had let it get so out of tune, it was crazy! A simple strum sounded awful!! After tuning it up, i tried playing some basic chords, and what pissed me off the the max was the fact that i couldn't remember hardly anything.! Then when i did look up the chords i could not change between them well enough to save my life. This made me want to cry, and yes that is pretty silly, but still music is the brink of my life and soul, and i used to be able to play pretty well, so to go to what i am now is awful. I always thought that once you learnt something you never forgot it...? Well clearly in my case i can...i'm starting to pick it up again, but i'm just struggling so much, its so hard..i wish i had never stopped....I want to be at the stage again where i can write my own music, and express my heart though lyrics and song. Oh well, i'll keep on at it i guess, i've done it before, so there is no point in giving up this time and quitting is there? I actually don't know right now.

No comments: