Tuesday 9 August 2011

KASSEL GERMANY

So yesterday i flew back home after one of the most wonderful weeks of my life, i cannot believe how beautiful Kassel is and that i have never visited that part of Germany before. I am quite lucky because i have a few friends living in this area so i can really bunk down with any of them, as they are always offering me places if i need a place to crash anyway!

This time though i was staying with the beautiful Falkenau family in Hessen, when my flight touched down in Dortmund i was completely exhausted and also a little nervous as i'd only met this family once before and i was scared they would end up changing their mind about having me stay. The instant i walked though arrivals though i knew i had nothing to be scared of, i was greeted with warm and smiling faces and a hug, I got told, 'Welcome back to Germany my beautiful daughter' i couldnt have been or felt anymore happier if i had actually tried...on the drive home (160km oh man) i thought i would fall asleep but i felt so awake and was able to laugh and joke with the family, despite there being a language barrier. The best thing was arriving at their house to find they had decorated it all up for me, i had been given my own room, my own computer, and a little table full of yummy things to eat and drink! I instantly felt a part of their family..! We all sat around to a meal which my wonderful host mom had cooked and they asked me what it was i wanted to do that week as apart from friday we had nothing planned, and i remember that all i could think was, I AM IN GERMANY! I DONT NEED ANYTHING ELSE!!!! Then we had to go to be because it was really late, but i know i was laying there for hours, having to pinch myself that this was real...it felt just too good to be true! I have too much to write in one blog so i will actually do this over a few blogs :) one for each day :)

No comments: