Wednesday 27 July 2011

And the countdown begins!!!

Ok, so it's officially less than a week till i go to Germany and i am totally freaking out over it! I literally am so excited that it's just totally crazy! I was looking at pictures online yesterday on the places i will be visiting and staying in this time round and i was sitting there crying like a total idiot just because it was so beautiful. I know my life is going though hard things at the moment but i do have hope that the natural beauty will lift me up and give me a sense of freedom...six days will mean i am not away to long, but that i also get time with nature and my favourite country. My bags are (pretty much) all packed and ready to go, for the first time in my life, normally i am stilll packing at the airport haha, i must stress my mom out so much! I am staying with this beautiful wonderful family in a town called Hessen, and already i feel at home there and i have not even arrived, they have made me so welcome! I'm worrying so much about my German this time though, so my hand luggage is now huge with three German vocab books to help me learn and help me in general haha! I'm never gonna forget the look on my moms face when i brought this huge dictionary down and showed it in my bag...here i am now wishing that i went to a school that done German lessons! This is always the thing that scares me most about being in a foreign country, spesh if they do not speak English much or at all...
I know that sometime during this week i am also going to get to meet up with my beautiful friend Nadine (and maybe Ines i hope!) and this just makes me so happy...i jumped up and down screaming for an hour when i heard that she lived 15 minutes away from the town i will be in! So i think that this day i will get to spend it with my host family and nadine in Kassel, and it just excites me so much.. Then i think it is on the friday we are going to be going to a beautiful little town just outside Kassel called Bad Karlshafen so i can get to do some sightseeing and have a look around a town which i have wanted to visit since i saw the first ever picture! I am then going to be swimming with my wonderful fam before going out in the evening, now that is the only part i am scared about lol...for reason i don't even want to begin to explain..!
But ahhhh i'm so excited! I keep looking at my clock and hoping that suddenly its time to leave for Germany, when actually all it seems to be doing is making it drag more!
I cannot wait!

No comments: