Thursday 10 November 2011

Chanele

So i just wanted to write a blog about this AMAZING singer songwriter i was blessed to meet whilst performing with the Young Americans in Germany last month, her name is Chanele, and oh my gosh for those who have not heard her sing i urge you to take a listen! I'm actually super excited because she will be in England in the spring so even though i may not be taking workshop i should hopefully get to see her. 
What i love the most about her is that she has a beautiful heart to go with such a beautiful voice, and when i found out she was younger than me i couldnt believe it because she has such a wise head on her shoulders that its unbelievable.
The other day i was actually thinking about the YA half of the show and even though it was one of the smaller parts, the bit i remember most was when she sang Danny Boy which is a beautiful beautiful AMAZING song from her home country of Ireland. This song, its been really important to me because when my grandad passed away my friend sent me a link for that song, and sing then...it's remained firm within my head, and within my heart.  Chanele sung it so beautifully, more beautiful than i have ever heard it be sung before, even when you have these church choirs on TV, she sings better than them she really does.
Just oh my gosh she is so so amazing at guitar aswell i just simply am so inspired by her in every way possible.  I've had some dumbass people saying its not possible because shes younger than me, and i really think, that if they met her, they would take back that stupid remark within a heartbeat. 
She is also amazing at bringing confidence up, the first workshop i took with her, i stood with her for all of choral and i quite honestly did not want to be there, and dont get me wrong, i love singing and dancing and acting pretty much more than anything in the world but at this point i wanted to go home, and Chanele, well she was just a happy and bubbly person and she helped me to relax and let go, and i enjoyed that workshop so so much more because of it :)  In the next workshop i was then able to her her do that job again with other kids who were afraid to sing and be truly free within the music..at the end of that workshop i had people (kids) saying thank you and that i was amazing and thank you for the support when we sang..and it's crazy because i actually learnt that of Chanele, the choral was all because of her..so in a way...she changed all the people who i helped too :) 
But ok, the only thing i feel bad for now was than when she asked me to sing i wouldnt, so this here is a promise i will sing for her when i see her, I'll take my guitar and sing the song i wrote that was inspired by her...but i do have no intention of sending this to her mwhahhaha so (fingers crossed) the million to one thing will not happen and she won't find it.
I want you all to check her out though because her music is AWESOME, Eddie is actually an Irish breed and whenever i sit in his stable with him ill play videos on you tube of her voice and he sticks his ears forward and tries to eat my phone! so see even horses love her!!! (and clearly he's also DEAD proud of his roots :) ) 
Here is the link but like, there are so many videos, i was going to pick a few out but i couldnt decide so enjoy!!! :) x 
http://www.youtube.com/user/XxchanelexX