Saturday 23 April 2011

Like a sister to me.......



Over the past couple of days i got to spend some time with an old friend of mine of whom i have not seen in ages, it was amazing, full of tears and laughter, but also very bittersweet because i have a feeling it will be the last time i see them in a while, if not, most likely forever. When they walked back into my life and i spotted them in the corner of the room i could not get over how AMAZINGLY beautiful they had become, and i'm not saying that they were not beautiful before because of course they were, but she seems to get even more beautiful and even more stunning everyday. I literally do aspire to be like here in a few years when i am her age.

We sat outside with a cigarette in hand and just talked about everything and life, i've never been able to be so honest with someone, and i keep thinking now, do i regret it and the answer is no. I've had something I have been holding inside of me since i was a very young child, and i have never been able to tell a soul,one night i just let go and told her everything, it was amazing to get such a huge and overbearing weight off my shoulders. I am so grateful to have someone like that who i can be so close to and who does not judge me no matter what i say.

I wish there were around more and I literally hate being so far away, it's like they have a piece of my heart, like all good friends/siblings have, no matter what way your paths may lead, even if they lead in completely different directions.

I'll never forget this time, because yet again it has helped shape who i am, and has made me a much better person that what i used to be. It is because of people like this that the world spins and people have hope.

No comments: